British PM Rishi Sunak had to apologize for a mistake, now police will investigate, know the interesting case
British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak removed his seat belt to make a video in a moving vehicle. Then he also apologized for this. Now the police say that they are investigating the matter. If found guilty, a fine of 100 British pounds can also be imposed.
Britain’s PM Rishi Sunak has apologized for the seat belt controversy. (AFP/File Image)
- Prime Minister Rishi Sunak removes seal belt in moving car
- Video made while abusing, then apologized
- Now the police are investigating the matter
London. British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has apologized for taking off his seat belt while driving in North-West England to make a video. The local police say that they are investigating the matter. Lancashire Police said it became aware of the matter after Sunak apologized for removing his seatbelt to film a video while driving in north-west England. If he is found guilty by the police, he can be fined 100 British pounds.
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak’s ‘Downing Street’ (Prime Minister’s Office) spokesman said that he had only temporarily removed his seat belt and he accepts that he made a mistake. Let us tell you that in Britain, there is an immediate fine of 100 pounds for not wearing a seat belt in the car. If the matter goes to court, this fine increases to £500. The exemption is sometimes given for not wearing a seat belt due to valid medical reasons.
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak removed his seat belt while making a video.
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak ‘s spokesperson said that there was a minor error in his decision-making. The Prime Minister had removed his seat belt to make a short video. He fully accepts his mistake and apologizes. The Prime Minister believes that everyone should wear seat belts. PM Sunak made this video to announce the ‘Leveling Up Fund’ to provide funds to more than 100 projects across the country. In the video, police personnel riding motorcycles are seen around his car.
Oh look, here’s the PM happily broadcasting himself breaking the law.
“The law states that you must use a seat belt if fitted unless you qualify for a medical exemption”
This even applies if using a booster seat, like Sunak clearly does.
— Supertanskiii (@supertanskiii) January 19, 2023
Targeting Prime Minister Sunak, a spokesperson of the opposition Labor Party said, ‘Rishi Sunak does not know how to install seat belts, use debit cards, train service, manage the economy in this country. Every day this list is getting longer and it is very sad to see it. Significantly, in a video that surfaced a few days ago, Sunak was seen struggling to make contactless payments with his card.
British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak
British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak is the current Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, having taken office on December 13, 2019. He is a Member of Parliament for Richmond (Yorks) and previously served as the Chancellor of the Exchequer under Prime Minister Boris Johnson. Sunak is a member of the Conservative Party and has focused on economic policy during his time in office, including measures to address the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Rishi Sunak is the current Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, having taken office on December 13, 2019.
- He is the first person of Indian descent to hold the office of Prime Minister in the United Kingdom.
- Before becoming Prime Minister, he served as Chancellor of the Exchequer under Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
- Sunak was born in Southampton, England, and is the son of a doctor and a pharmacist who immigrated to the United Kingdom from India.
- He was educated at Winchester College, Oxford University, and Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- Before entering politics, Sunak worked in investment banking and venture capital.
- He is married to Akshata Murthy, the daughter of Indian billionaire businessman Narayana Murthy.