New Delhi. Team India is playing the T20 series from Sri Lanka these days. The third and final match of the series (IND vs SL) is to be played today. This match will be played in Rajkot. The Indian team was successful in winning the first match played at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. Under the captaincy of Dasun Shanaka, the Sri Lankan team has made a great comeback by winning the second T20 match in Pune. India’s senior players are out of the T20 series. The young team is coming under the leadership of Hardik Pandya. Pandya as captain appeared overconfident many times in the series, he will have to overcome 5 major shortcomings in the last match, otherwise the Sri Lankan team can be successful in winning the T20 bilateral series for the first time in India. Till now Pandya has not lost the T20 series as a captain.
1. Hardik Pandya will have to go by the records of the ground. Team India got the first batting after losing the toss in Mumbai. Then Pandya had said that even if we had won the toss, we would have batted first. While the team chasing the target in Wankhede has been more successful. At the same time, contrary to the record in Pune, Hardik decided to bowl after winning the toss and the team got defeated. In such a situation, he will have to avoid these mistakes in the third match.
2. In the first match, he gave the 20th over of the innings to left-arm spinner Akshar Patel, while he himself had one over left. He was also bowling well. Bowling is not easy for the spinners on the dewy ground. Although Akshar was definitely successful in winning the match to India.
3. Hardik Pandya will have to avoid changes in the team. After the first T20, 2 changes were made in the second T20. However, Sanju Samson was ruled out due to injury. Rahul Tripathi got a chance in his place. At the same time, Arshdeep Singh was fielded in place of fast bowler Harshal Patel. Harshal was playing a match after a long time. In such a situation, it was necessary to give him a chance in at least two consecutive matches. He also took 2 wickets in the first T20. On the other hand, Arshdeep proved to be very expensive.
4. Pandya played the role of batter anchor in IPL 2022. Young team is coming against Sri Lanka. He will have to play a similar role here as well. If there were wickets left in the second T20, then the Indian team could have won the match. Suryakumar Yadav and Akshar Patel had almost brought the team to the target.
5. Talking about the second T20, Captain Pandya had tried 5 bowlers in the first 6 overs. That is, he did not trust any bowler in the powerplay. In the big match, he will have to avoid such changes. After the match, coach Rahul Dravid had said that we will continue to trust the youngsters even after their poor performance. In such a situation, there is little hope of change in the playing-11 in the third match.