Foods that Lower Cholesterol: Nowadays people have started falling prey to heart disease at an early age. Bad cholesterol plays an important role in increasing the risk of heart diseases. Due to excessive accumulation of cholesterol in the veins, sometimes heart attack also comes. In such a situation, to keep the heart healthy, it is very important that we do not allow bad cholesterol to accumulate in the veins of the heart. In this, our disciplined lifestyle and healthy eating habits can play a very important role. By including healthy food in your diet, you can save your heart from serious diseases.
There are many such foods in our food, if we include them in our diet, then the level of cholesterol can be reduced easily. According to Medical News Today, food items like apple, avocado, fish can be very helpful in reducing bad cholesterol.
5 foods to reduce cholesterol
1. Apple – Apple is such a fruit in which the treasure of nutrients is hidden. If you consume apple daily then it is very beneficial for the body. Not only this, apple also plays an important role in reducing cholesterol. Eating 2 apples daily reduces both total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol. Along with this, apple also reduces triglycerides fat present in the blood.
2. Avocado – Avocado fruit also plays an important role in keeping the heart healthy. It contains nutrients that keep the heart healthy. Eating it regularly reduces cholesterol level and also reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Avocado reduces bad cholesterol.
3. Fish – If you are a non-vegetarian, you can include salmon, mackerel and sardine fish in your diet. They contain essential polyunsaturated fat, which along with being anti-inflammatory, benefits heart health. Along with strengthening the blood vessels, it also reduces the risk of disease.
4. Barley – Barley rich in fiber is a healthy grain which helps in keeping our body healthy. Especially barley can play an important role in maintaining the health of the heart. Barley contains fiber as well as beta gluten which reduces bad cholesterol.
5. Nuts – We can keep the heart healthy by including nuts in our diet. Nuts like almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, brazil nuts, hazelnuts are a good source of unsaturated fats which help in reducing cholesterol. Nuts can be used by removing things with saturated fats. Nuts also contain a lot of fiber which helps in absorbing cholesterol from the body.