I&B Ministry lashed out at TV channels for showing ‘Blood’, said- visuals distract; advisory issued
I&B Ministry News: All TV channels have come on the radar of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. The ministry has issued a warning to channels to blur and mute visuals that disturb the mind. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting said that TV channels showed pictures and videos of people’s deaths. All these scenes were shown repeatedly and shown continuously for a long time. These scenes disturbed the mind of the audience.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has asked TV channels to mute and blur blood-stained scenes. (Symbolic picture-Shakti knowledge)
- Several scenes were shown repeatedly without editing
- Directly served scenes of violence toward children and the elderly
- In cases of violence against women, videos and pictures were released as they were.
New Delhi. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has reprimanded all the channels for showing ‘blood-soaked scenes’. The ministry issued an advisory for the channels on Monday. In this advisory, road accidents, death, violence, violence against women,,, and violence against elderly children have been specifically included. The ministry said that this advisory has been issued after keeping a close watch on the channels. The channels aired these violent scenes without thinking.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting said that TV channels showed photographs and videos of people’s death, showed blood-stained injured people, showed blood-stained people, women, showed close-up videos of elderly children being beaten, and teachers beaten. The child was shown crying while eating. All these scenes were shown repeatedly and shown continuously for a long time. Not only this, but the channels also made circular marks on the scenes to make them look more violent.
The scenes distracted the viewers, the
channels did not even take care that such scenes should be blurred or their long shots should be shown. In the advisory, the ministry also said that the reporting of these incidents was also done in the wrong way. These scenes left the audience distraught. The government said in an advisory that blood-soaked pictures, dead bodies, and physical torture are not according to the program code. The channel which is releasing violent videos and pictures on social media is also not being edited. This is having a psychological effect on the children. Along with this, the privacy of the person is also being violated.
The ministry gave these sensational examples
- Disturbing pictures of a cricketer aired without blurring on 30 December 2022
- On 28 December 2022, it was shown that a man was dragging the dead body badly. During that time the victim’s face and blood splattered around were shown
- On July 6, 2022, it is shown that a teacher is badly beating a 5-year-old child. He was shown being beaten till he became unconscious. This incident happened in Patna. The clip was played without mute, in which the child’s screams could be heard clearly
- The bloodied corpse of the Punjabi singer was shown without blurring on June 4, 2022
- In the Assam incident on 25 May 2022, a man was shown beating two minors with sticks. This clip was also played without muting and blurring. The screams of the minors were clearly heard in it