WPL 2023: Mumbai Indians created history; From Orange Cap to Purple Cap, Learn Who Found How Much Prize Money
WPL 2023 Prize Money: The first season of the Women’s Premier League has been successfully completed। Mumbai Indians team became champions। Here’s how much prize money was for all the awards from Orange Cap to Purple Cap this season.
WPL 2023 Prize Money: The Mumbai Indians have won the title of the first season of the Women’s Premier League। The team led by Harmanpreet Kaur in the final match made history by defeating the Delhi Capitals by 7 wickets। Mumbai got a great bowling in this match। After that, England took the lead to the last by a net sewer brunt and stayed at the crease until the team was championed। The historic first season of WPL saw many strong performances। This season, Orange Cap was a tough claim for every award, from Purple Cap to Emerging Player। But now this entire list and their prize money has come out
Delhi Capitals captain Meg Lanning lost the final as needed but he named Orange Cap with a total of 345 runs throughout the tournament। At the same time, champion Mumbai Indians’s Hailey Matthews received a Purple Cap for the most 16 wickets। Apart from this, India’s wicketkeeper batsman Yastika Bhatia was voted Emerging Player of the Tournament। Net sewer brunt scoring a match winning half-century innings selected Player of the Match in the final bout। Mumbai captain Hermanpreet Kaur received the catch of the season award he had caught in the 15th match against the UP Warriors
Who got which award and how much prize money?
- Award Winner Prize Money ( Indian Rupees )
- Winner team Mumbai Indians 6 crores
- Runner up team Delhi Capitals 3 crores
- Orange cap Meg Lanning ( DC)- 345 runs 5 lakh
- Purple cap Hailey Matthews ( MI)- 16 wickets 5 lakh
- Power striker Sophie Divine (RCB)- 13 sixes 5 lakh
- Catch of the season Hermanpreet Kaur ( MI) vs UPW, Match 15 5 lakh
- Most valuable player Hailey Matthews ( MI) – 271 runs, 16 wickets 5 lakh
- Emerging player Yastika Bhatia ( MI) – 214 runs, 13 dysmisal wicketkeeping 5 lakh
- Player of the match in the finals Net Sewer Brunt ( MI) 2.5 lakh
- Power striker in final Radha Yadav ( DC) 1 lakh
- Fair play award Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals
If we talk about the final match in the brief, the Delhi Capitals team had scored 131 runs on 9 wickets while playing first। At one time the team was in a bad problem and lost 7 wickets on 70 of the runs। In the end Shikha Pandey and Radha Yadav took over the team and pushed the score to 131। In response, Mumbai did not start well and Yastika and Matthews both returned to the pavilion। Captain Hermanpreet and star batter Sewer Brunt then added 72 runs for the third wicket and led the score to 95। From here, Mumbai’s victory seemed certain that Harmanpreet had runout। The match once again showed a halt but the net sewer brunt won the team easy, scoring 14 off 8 balls with an unbeaten 60 and Meli Kar.
IMD Alert | IMD | Weather Forecast | Weather Forecast Today | Delhi weather | imd city weather | Delhi | weather update