Watching YouTube on TV becomes expensive, and Google increases monthly subscription rates
Sharing the update on Twitter through his YouTube TV account on Thursday, he said, “An important note to our users, as the cost of content, has increased and we want to invest more in the quality of our service to give you the best content you can watch on TV.” provide the best possible service
San Francisco: If you enjoy YouTube on your smart TV at home, then there is bad news for you. YouTube has announced to increase in the price of its TV subscription. On behalf of YouTube, it was said that due to the ever-increasing content cost, the price of subscriptions has been increased. After this decision, users will have to pay $ 72.99 per month instead of $ 64.99 per month to watch YouTube on TV.
Sharing the update on Twitter through its YouTube TV account on Thursday, the company said, “An important note for our users, as the cost of content has increased and we want to invest more in the quality of our service to provide you To provide maximum possible service on TV, the subscription price is being increased after 3 years.
New prices will be applicable from this day
The new pricing for new members begins on March 16, while the price change for existing members will begin on April 18. Furthermore, the company said that they are reducing the price of their 4K Plus add-on from $19.99 per month to $9.99 per month.
According to the company, this is the first price hike for YouTube TV in three years. The service started at $35 per month in 2017 and in July 2020, the price of YouTube TV services increased from $49 to $64.99 per month.
“We’re committed to offering you a premium way to stream TV, but understand that this new pricing may not work for you. We hope YouTube TV continues to be your service of choice,” the company tweeted. Stay tuned, but we want to give you the ability to cancel at any time.”
Google recently announced that it will increase the price of its YouTube TV subscription service. Starting in March 2022, the monthly subscription rate for YouTube TV will increase from $64.99 to $84.99, which is a significant increase.
If you find that watching YouTube on your TV is becoming too expensive, there are a few alternative options you can consider:
- Use a different streaming service: There are many other streaming services available, such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+, that may offer content that you enjoy at a more affordable price. Some of these services may also offer free trials or lower subscription rates, so it’s worth comparing the options.
- Use a different device: Instead of using your TV to watch YouTube, consider using a different device, such as a computer or smartphone, which may be more affordable. You can then connect the device to your TV using an HDMI cable or streaming device, such as a Roku or Apple TV.
- Use the free version of YouTube: While the free version of YouTube has ads and may not offer all the same features as YouTube TV, it can still be a great option for watching videos on your TV without incurring additional costs.
Save money while still watching YouTube on your TV:
- Use a gaming console: If you already own a gaming console, such as an Xbox or PlayStation, you can use it to access YouTube on your TV. Simply download the YouTube app onto your console and use it to watch videos.
- Use a smart TV app: Many newer smart TVs have a built-in YouTube app that you can use to watch videos directly on your TV. This option may be more convenient than using a separate device or streaming service.
- Use a streaming stick: If you don’t have a smart TV or gaming console, you can purchase a streaming stick, such as a Chromecast or Amazon Fire Stick, that allows you to access YouTube and other streaming services on your TV. These devices are typically affordable and easy to use.
- Share a subscription: If you have friends or family members who also use YouTube TV, you can consider sharing a subscription to split the cost. YouTube TV allows you to share your subscription with up to five other people.
- Reduce video quality: Watching videos in HD or 4K resolution uses more data and can lead to higher data usage charges or slower internet speeds. Consider reducing the video quality to save on data and avoid buffering.
- Monitor data usage: If you have a limited data plan, be sure to monitor your data usage when watching YouTube on your TV. You can set up alerts or notifications to help you stay within your data limit.
- Use free trials: Many streaming services, including YouTube TV, offer free trials. Take advantage of these free trials to test out the service and decide if it’s worth the cost.
- Look for discounts: Some streaming services offer discounts to students, military personnel, or other groups. Check if you qualify for any discounts before signing up for a service.
- Cancel unused subscriptions: If you have multiple streaming services or subscriptions, consider cancelling those that you don’t use regularly to save money.
- Watch ad-supported content: Some streaming services, such as Hulu, offer ad-supported plans that are less expensive than ad-free plans. Consider opting for an ad-supported plan to save money.
- Buy or rent movies and TV shows: Instead of subscribing to a streaming service, consider buying or renting movies and TV shows on a pay-per-view basis. This can be more cost-effective if you only watch a few titles per month.
- Use a digital antenna: If you want to watch live TV, consider using a digital antenna to access free over-the-air channels. Many local channels are available for free, and a digital antenna can provide high-quality reception.
- Share accounts: If you have friends or family members who use the same streaming service, consider sharing an account to split the cost. Some services, such as Netflix, allow you to create multiple profiles under one account.
- Avoid impulse purchases: Be mindful of your spending when it comes to buying or renting movies and TV shows. Avoid impulse purchases and stick to a budget to prevent overspending.
I hope these additional tips are helpful in saving money while still allowing you to enjoy watching videos on your TV.